Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Solar Powered Flashlight


          This is a solar powered flashlight. Our class designed these with Kenyan students. We communicated to each other by sending videos and talking to get to know more about each other and our lifestyles. We created these solar powered flashlights to help people be able to see and to use our natural resources instead of artificial things that are hard to get and bad for the earth. In this photo, you see a 3D printed box with cords in the inside, a solar panel on top, and two lights sticking out as the light for the flashlight. My favorite part about this project is that I got to talk to people from a whole different part of the world with different customs and traditions. I learned many things about how people in Kenya live and that not everyone has dishwashers, electronics, laundry machines and all sorts of other things that help us get simple tasks done. I hope my Kenyan pen pal enjoyed this project and i hope that our solar powered flashlight invention helps many people.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Digital Citizenship


This video is on digital citizenship and was made by Maeve, Sheila and I.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

3D Print Design



Our product is a speaker. It is called the C.M.C speaker. It stands up with the two pegs.  There is a hole for the phone to go into and the sound from the phone amplifies and the cones on the end help too.  There is also a smaller hole in the bottom for the phone to charge if needed.  We got the idea from Youtube, but we changed it up enough so its not a copy.  It solves the problem of  having a speaker that you can charge your phone with at the same time. 

We used Tinkercad to create our design. It took us a while to make everything as exact as possible.  It took us a while and it was super hard.  First we made a tube that was horizontal.  Then we added two blocks for it to stand up.  After that we added a long hole on the top for the phone to go into and a smaller hole in the bottom to charge it if needed. 

We had many problems.  Our very first problem was a whole other idea,  It was a couch cup holden that was not connected in so it could move around.  The problem with this idea was we could not stabilize it and it was to big.  For our next idea we also had problems.  One of those problems was we had a hard time putting the cones in the exact spot, it took us a while to finally put it in the correct spot.  Another problem was when we printed it it was big on one side and small on the other the cones were not fully connect,  the holes were not the correct size and they were not in the correct place and the tube was supposed to be circular but it turned out oval.  So we started over doing the same thing, but it was never printed.  Making the C.M.C speaker was very challenging.